[meteorite-list] Re: VCIs annd plastic jewel boxes

From: RYAN PAWELSKI <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 10 19:23:46 2005

Hi Tracy and listees...

As you may or may not know, I have been using VCI emmiters in two plastic display cases for over a year now, and
they have not discolored the surfaces in any way. The VCI molocules are only attracted to metal surfaces, so the only thing I can think of that would discolor a surface (make it cloudy) would be direct contact with a highly concentrated sponge-type emmiter bearing the oily residue of the actual VCI product. Anyone else care so share any thoughts or experiences with VCI emmiters?

Ryan