[meteorite-list] Trade offer: Gliese Catalogue vs meteorite

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 9 07:04:30 2005

Hi list,

for the stargazers among us, I have to offer:
W.Gliese: Catalogue of Nearby Stars, Edition 1969
Ver?ffentlichungen der Astronomischen Rechen-Institutes Heidelberg Nr.22,
Karlsruhe 1969.

It's the second edition of Gliese's famous Catalogue (1st was in 1957),
containing the data for 915 stars next to our sun:
Number, name, HD number, RA&Dec (1950.0), proper motion, radial velocity,
spectral type, luminosity class, apparent magnitude, colour, trigonometic
parallax, trigonometrically determined absolute magnitude, spectral &
spectroscopic parallax, resulting parallax, resulting absolute magnitude,
space velocity components.

4?, trade paperback, fine and clean copy, 120pp., in english.

Gliese was the standard reference, historically important, shouldn't miss in
any amateur astronomer's library,
but is rare and difficult to find. For instance you won't find it in the
large search engines abebooks or zvab.com.

Wanted: A meteorite, observed fall, somewhar rare.

Thanks!
Martin