[meteorite-list] Help with meteorwrong ID

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 9 01:09:46 2005

Hi All,

Continuing the mini-thread on extraterrestrial wannabes, I've uploaded
some images of an achondrite meteorwrong that I found recently. (For
the few list members that have already assisted me in identifying the
rock in question, these images are slightly better quality):

http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/Meteorwrong1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/Meteorwrong2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/Meteorwrong3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/Meteorwrong4.jpg
http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/Meteorwrong5.jpg

The fourth image shows the windowed interior. I welcome any of our
rock experts to offer opinions on probable ID -- gabbro, black granite,
diorite, etc. Specific gravity is ~3.0, and rock has no paramagnetism.
I was able to scratch the black surface with a pocket-knife; haven't
tried the white inclusions yet. No streak on a streak plate. --Rob