[meteorite-list] Abundance and Diversity of Martian Meteorites from Northern Africa

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 7 15:55:47 2005

Dear List,

Please check out the link below to graphically see the abundance and
importance of Martian meteorite finds from Northern Africa. Northwest
Africa has truly been a treasure trove for the finding of important new
Martian material which is of the greatest scientific interest. So far, this
year is bucking the trend with no new reported Martian meteorites. I hope
to change this with a few promising specimens I will be submitting next
week.

It is interesting to note that while new finds are only 1/5th by weight of
what they were just a few years ago that more Martian meteorites have been
found indicating that the nomads are getting better at spotting these
rarities. I feel a lot of these were ignored in the past because of the
lack of attraction to a magnet and sometimes there is no apparent fusion
crust.

Abundance and Diversity of Martian Meteorites from Northern Africa:
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/snc_count.html

I hope you find this summary as interesting as I did,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185