[meteorite-list] Google Maps

From: Marc Fries <m.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 5 23:49:55 2005

Howdy

   Ok, this is pretty cool:

http://maps.google.com/

   Google has developed a seamless map database that cross-links to
satellite photos. I scrolled this thing from Manacouagan crater to
Wetumpka crater, then out to Hawaii and "visited" my current home and
my mom's house on the way. This is actually a pretty spectacular site
for locating physical landform features and cross-referencing them to a
road map.
   I can see my house from here!

Enjoy,
MDF

--
Marc Fries
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Carnegie Institution of Washington
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Rd. NW
Washington, DC 20015
PH:  202 478 7970
FAX: 202 478 8901
-----
I urge you to show your support to American servicemen and servicewomen
currently serving in harm's way by donating items they personally request
at:
http://www.anysoldier.com
(This is not an endorsement by the Geophysical Laboratory or the Carnegie
Institution.)