[meteorite-list] Carbonaceous weathering lifetimes

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 2 23:45:23 2005

Hi,

    I think your guess range is essentially correct, but that's only
because it's my guess range, too.
    Phil Bland of the Natural History Museum (formerly the British
Museum) did a paper on determining the fall rate of meteorites.
    In order to do so, he had to account for the differential weathering
away of meteorites in differing climates, which he did by comparing the
age distribution of meteorites in various locales, like the Saraha versus
the soggy Midlands.
    Don't have the actual reference, but it was about the year 2000. It
might help with the answer to your question.

Sterling K. Webb