[meteorite-list] Re: Interesting Meteorite Science Article

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 1 19:56:50 2005

> you can distinctly hear the words "Millbillilli...Millbillilli"
> several times if you play it backwards.

Oh, that's what that weird noise was.

I vaguely remember something mysterious on the LP but, John, I don't
have a vinyl copy of "Hard Day's Night" anymore. I just tried running
my CD player backwards and I broke it. What should I do now, hit it
with a bigger iron?

And since we're talking about music, many years ago -- when the
Meteorite List was just a wee little list -- someone started an
entertaining thread along the lines of, "What is your favorite music to
listen to when staring, transfixed, at your meteorite collection?"

A recommendation for that, if I may: Brian Eno's "Apollo: Atmospheres
and Soundtracks," which was the soundtrack for Al Reinart's documentary
about the Apollo program, "For All Mankind." That's a very interesting
movie for you space nuts too. I was lucky enough to see it at the 56th
St. Playhouse in NYC. It had a VERY limited theatrical run, but is
available on DVD. Anyone else seen it?

Okay, wandering off-topic here, sorry,

Geoff N.