[meteorite-list] AD: Hraschina, Kendall County, Krasnojarsk, Alfianello

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 1 07:43:32 2005

Hi listeees,

I'm back. Did I miss something?
In my vacancies I decided to be a famous meteorite dealer. There.
How to achieve this aim?
Offer incredible specimens to the collectors world.
Here we go with timbals and trumpets.

For sale from an historical mineral (not meteorite) collection:

Hraschina
Zagreb, Croatia
Fall 1751, May 26, 18:00hrs
Tkw: 49kg
Medium octahedrite IID

Fragment with externally visible crystal structurs. 44g (Yes, FOURTYFOUR
grams).
Look in the Catalogue (J?rn, if it will be sold I promise to buy the
MetBase).
39kg in Vienna, 800g in New York, 20.5g Berlin, 9.5g London, 9g Chicago,
1.6g Calcutta, 0.4g Washington,
+ 29g Goettingen and unconfirmed 129g Haarlem, I was told.
Availability? ZERO.
Stupid or reasonable as I am, I don't dare to cut this piece down for higher
and faster profit.

Kendall County
Kendall County, Texas, USA
Find 1887
Tkw: 21kg
UNGR, brecciated, anomalous hexahedrite

Remarkable strange iron
Partslice 68g

Krasnojarsk
Yeniseisk, Russia
Find 1749
Tkw: 700kg
Stony-iron, Pallasit

Pallas' iron, the namesake. (For sure easier available than Kendall County).
Flat and rough specimen 50grams

Alfianello
Brescia, Lombardy, Italy
Fall 1883, February 16, 15:00hrs
Tkw: 228kg
Olivine hypersthene chondrite L6

Well, there was somewhat more Alfianello around during the last 2 years, so
that prices dropped and it may be not so exciting (btw. at it's time
Alfianello was the cheapest fall of all, smthg like Gao-Guenie), but this
pieces belong into the context of that old collections.

Two fragments with a larger cut surface, one of it with a patch of fusion
crust, 20g each.

All those specimens I sell on behalf of a third party. No trades possible.
I know well, that a Hraschina of this size is a somewhat sensible item, but
don't bombard me now with questions about the provenience yet. (One never
acquires such a specimen in an ad hoc decisions). Place your offers on the
assumption, that it's authentic.
First (poor) pictures available on request. Weights will be determined later
more accurate.

I'll start collecting serious offers now, can take a time, as sometimes some
collectors have to find together first, to buy such valuable and good-sized
specimens together.
Please send it to me off-line. I'll handle them with discretion and will
keep all those interested in updated.

Btw. This is an serious offer, no 1st of April jokus.

Thanks
Your Martin