[meteorite-list] dark black inclusion

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 18:55:21 2004

Hello list.It is very interesting to see what makes up a meteorite
inside.From chondrites to lunar stones.You just never know what you'll
find in these visitors from beyond our own earth.I have a half-stone of
DHOFAR 854 (MAIN MASS) from serge (cometshop),it is 84 grams fully 100
fusion crusted and the end is nose coned.But where it was cut,there is a
dark black inclusion in the middle with a light brown matrix surrounding
the inclusion.It measures 2.8 cm in size.From tip to tip, the stone is 4
cm.It looks like the center of a candy bar.This stone is a thing of
beauty.I can only wonder where the other half is of this beautiful
stone.Any thoughts??

                                  steve arnold, chicago, usa!!

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120