[meteorite-list] Munich show - being more specific

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 05:46:26 2004

Oh that's really a pity!

I missed you last year on the show
and freely spoken to the list, I remember the show 2 years ago and if I then
had to award a prize for the best colletcors' prices, no doubt the Kammels
would be the winner!

More and more the specialized meteorite dealers are bringing their internet
prices with them to the show, less and less small dealers with bargain
prices are to be found as the fees for the stalls are horribly high and the
business was mere during the last 3 years
and finally the deserfication pullulates, so that it's more and more
difficult for the conservative collectors, who like names rather than
numbers to catch their bargains.

Two years ago I remmeber almost nobody noticed the assortment of the
Kammels, but on the opposite side of the aisle there was a guy selling
etched shiny Nantan chips for 3Euro/g (!!!) with good success,
whilst on the Kammel table there were waiting all the fine names from down
under - Hamilton, Broken Hill, non shale Dalgarangas, a marvellous
Millbillillie at so low prices, that, if I had more cash, I would have
bought all what they had!

So promise to come again next year!!
Martin