[meteorite-list] Need a meteorite of 1955 - Found another

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 04:59:46 2004

In a message dated 9/28/2004 10:09:25 PM Mountain Standard Time,
cviau_at_beld.net writes:

    Checking Anne Black's site www.impactika.com , she has meteorites
listed by dates and this very rare H6 is the only one that came up for 1955,
and it's available. Hope she does not mind that I paste this here...
CharlyV

Registry: MT203104
Mineral Name: Zvonkov
Source: Ukraine
Mineral Size: 0.43g
Sale Price: $95.00

The last one in any alphabetical listing of meteorites!

After the fall on September 2, 1955, 2 stones were found a few miles apart.
Total weight: 2568g.

Very little else is known.

This is an Ordinary Chondrite H 6, with a gray matrix.

Fragment, about 1cm across.

Thank you very much Charles. I do not mind at all! ;-)
You are right, it did fall in 1955. And it is available.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
IMCA #2356, www.IMCA.cc