[meteorite-list] AD: Georgiaite, Park Forest Windshield, ebay auctions, Postcard News....

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 26 18:46:04 2004

Hello everyone,

A couple of things. First I would like to introduce everyone to Simone
Niccol. Simone has been helping me part time for a while and is now going
full time. This should give her a chance to meet those of you that have not
met her yet.
I have added some Park Forest meteorite fall impacted windshield glass onto
my website. I am the exclusive source of this unusual "impactite". Bottles
come with a copy of the letter from the car owner, larger pieces come with a
copy of the letter and a photograph of the car. Website price is $35.00,
however list members have pieces at $25.00 for the next few days. Small
pieces in bottle is only $5.99.

PARK FOREST WINDSHIELD GLASS

Here is a neat item to add to your meteorite collection from one of the most
historic modern meteorite falls. A piece of a windshield, broken by the fall
of two Park Forest meteorites. Park Forest fell March 26, 2003 just south of
Chicago. This is the first meteorite to land in a populated region and it
hit more man-made items when falling then any meteorite falling ever. Among
the meteorites, one hit a firehouse and went through the roof, several
resident houses were impacted and had these cosmic visitors enter their
house, a tow truck, several cars, a fence, a red mini truck, a fire hydrant,
a bench at a ballpark, this car windshield and more. Luckily nobody was hurt
although a few people had close calls.

One of the many man made things impacted by the fall of the Park Forest
meteorite was a 1997 Plymouth Breeze. This car was owned by Ed Grollermond
of Jennifer Ct., Steger, Illinois. Meteorite hunter and broker Steve Arnold
(Arkansas) purchased the complete windshield from the owner and using a
magnet was able to recover about 1/3 a gram of meteorite fragments from the
car. The owner had sold the meteorite for very little shortly after before
Steve had gotten there. This event was documented in the
newspaper."Northwest Indiana Times", Illinois Edition, March 30, 2003, which
carried the following note in the "NEWS BRIEF" section: "STEGER", "Meteorite
damage. The rear window was broken on a car by two rock pieces among the
meteorites that hit the area Thursday morning. The meteorites were found
inside the vehicle in the 3400 block of Jennifer Court." I purchased the all
of the windshield, he had left at that time, (including the meteorite
fragments, photos and paperwork) from Steve in July of 2004.<

To see the Park Forest Windshield glass for sale, click on the following
link:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/pfwindshield.html

I have only 700 auctions currently running on ebay. Be sure to check it
out, you are bound to find something of interest.

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=meteoritesandmore

Postcard Collector is a postcard magazine published every couple months by
Krause publications. The largest magazine publisher in the United
States...or so it seems around here as 70% of the titles at the newstand are
Krause. The October 2004 issue of Postcard Collector, will have in it an
article spotlighting my meteorite postcards. I am excited about this cross
promotion. It would be pretty neat if I got a new meteorite send to me
because of it. (I can always hope now). I currently have 12 different
meteorite postcards. These sell for $2.00 each. For this next week, I will
offer a complete set of the postcards for only $9.99, plus $3.00 shipping
(US). (Canada $4.00/Elsewhere $5.00). The first postcards I only made 500
of and some of these I am getting very low on. None of the postcards will
be reprinted.

Postcards can be viewed here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/postcardsale.html

Other Sale Items:

Georgiaite 11.37g $750.00
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colgeorgiaite.html

Morristown 22.0g (Retails $55/g), $650.00
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colmorristown.html

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com