[meteorite-list] Calculating a meteorite orbit

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter.heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 24 02:07:16 2004

Hello Pierre-Marie,

some years ago I have written a booklet on the Pribram, Lost City or Innisfree falls,
describing the reduction procedure how to calculate the meteoroid orbit from the
fireball trajectory. It's written in German, but anyhow you will be mostly interested
in the formulas I guess. This booklet is still available from us on request.

Btw, this procedure was used also in the recent case of the successful recovery of
the Neuschwanstein meteorites. But the process is time consuming and not easy to
explain! Don't expect to get an Excel spreadsheet which gives you the result in a
few minutes. It's really hard work....

Best regards

Dieter