[meteorite-list] Naming problems

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 23 13:36:07 2004

Hi, again, I am not starting any smack here, not attacking Adam, but let's
be clear, he tore Bob Evans a new A-hole about the Martian, and left no
leeway to allow him to even claim possibly paired with his stone.
Now, look at this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2272049926
It is a thin section, and please tell us what it says at the top on the thin
section. It is labeled NWA 1929.
Now you cannot hold Bob Evans to one standard, and then practice another.
The fact tht Adam say's that he got more paired stones, and is trying to get
a new name, does not change the fact that the thin section and his auction
title is labeled NWA 1929.
This was not about Adam anyway, Rob Wesel and Edwin Thompson I heard had
many kilos of stones in Denver and called them all NWA 1929.
Most were uncut, so I want to know how they know they are NWA 1929?
I dont have one gram of that meteorite left, so it really does me no good or
harm either way, but I read 30 emails about Legal action against Bob Evans
for what other people are doing themselves.
I dont want any fight here, and none has occured, we are having a great and
usefull discussion on this topic, and perhaps some good will come of it.
But everyone can see the simple truth here, that standards are being
demanded from people but not followed by the people making those demands.

Let's get this cleared up.
Calcalong Creek was obviously a Millbillillie until it was cut. So how can
these uncut stones be obviously NWA 1929.

Mike Farmer