[meteorite-list] achondritic inclusions in NWA 869

From: Phil or Karyn Morgan <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 18 23:54:52 2004

I've been curious about a piece of NWA 869 I cut into and am interested in
opinions or observations.

Bernd mentioned "achondritic" gray inclusions more than a year ago (post
last June if I recall) and Maria just showed a slice containing a couple of
them. I've attached a link to some scanned images that show some detail.
This one is not entirely featureless.

Is this a large half-baked chondrule (I don't think so, but...) or one of
these achondritic
inclusion of some sort. Have these been written up anywhere?

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=pkmorgan&password=35065300

 Note that I overdid the resolution so I wouldn't try to view it full screen
(lower right hand corner) on a dial-up.

 Regards to all,
Phil