[meteorite-list] RE: NWA 869

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 16 13:22:05 2004

Dear Christian,

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your endcut and your slice - wonderful!
Thanks Bernd!

I also appreciate the variety of inclusions. You never know what you're
going to get when you cut an 869. I have one that is already sliced but
needs work. Perhaps someone could shed some light on the grey inclusions in
mine. It is not clear from my pictures but there are four other smaller grey
inclusions like the largest one that is 19 mm x 9 mm. It also has a "stone
in stone".

I apologize for its appearance - I generally don't display my sometimes
screamingly obvious sawmarks :>) This one and the rest of the slices are
gonna be even more beautiful (someday).

You can see it at http://photos.yahoo.com/dragonsoup_maria.

Maria