[meteorite-list] Enough is Enough - Plain & Simple!

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 14 12:21:16 2004

G'day Stefan / List,

Exactly right Stefan! It really is quite simple. If NWA xyz has been classified as a Jupiterite and has a TKW of 200g then that is that. Period!!! If a seller/collector thinks that another stone has come from the same spot and is paired, what right do they have to say it is NWA xyz. No matter how experienced they might be, if they're not qualified then they should say something along the lines of "This stone is possibly paired with NWA xyz" or have their own authorised analysis done. And for anyone thinking " Yeah, but..."; stop right there!!! Another list member has mentioned that not long ago several lunar stones were found in the same strewnfield in Dhofar. Recent analysis has shown they belong to at least two sperate falls. If the finder had not been as diligent as they were, the meteorites would likely have just been sold as the same thing!

Plain & Simple,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteorites.com.au