AW: [meteorite-list] Enough is Enough, Now NWA 1877

From: John Birdsell <birdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 13:14:08 2004

Hi Adam and thanks for the note. We know of around 60 g of picritic
shergottite fragments that look identical to NWA 1110, and that were not
part of the original 118 grams. This suggests that either several
pieces of NWA 1068 hit rocks and broke into fragments, or perhaps more
likely, a mass exploded at low elevation spreading fragments over a
larger area than the 12 x 12 meter region that you mentioned???

Cheers

-John & Dawn