[meteorite-list] "Off topic" Slickenside add with pictures, delete

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 10 13:04:33 2004

Dear meteorite associates,
In the past we had discussed slickensides as a geologic occurrence. I
have one up on ebay that would offer an interesting view of this event.
 Save the pictures if you like.
This one is in a 2.58 billion year old precambrian iron specimen and the
slickening event is estimated to be either 2.0 or 1.4 billion years ago.
Hartville Uplift, Unit D, Whalen Group, eastern Wyoming, Wyoming craton.
On another topic, Yesterday, I was pictured on the front page of the
Cadillac Evening News as local person of rocks and meteorites...I have
not read the article as of yet. A fine birthday present!

Slickenside can be found by searching ebay.com for slickensides, or
"mjwy" user ID. Can hand deliver to Denver show on Saturday the 18th.

Best,
Dave Freeman
Not so slick.