[meteorite-list] Meteorites Donated to Planetarium

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 20 10:12:54 2004

Hi,

I am pleased to announce to the list, that Last Friday, Dave Harris and
I (on behalf of the British an Irish meteorite Society which we formed
earlier this year), presented The South Downs Planetarium with a
substantial meteorite collection. It was gratefully received by Sir
Patrick Moore, the famous Astronomer. Sir Patrick Moore was instrumental
in mapping the lunar surface for the Nasa Moon missions, and has played
a vital role in British astronomy for many years.

Photos at
http://www.freewebs.com/fordmeteorites/meteoritepresentation.htm

A great day was had by all, and I would like to thank all those that
donated material, these rocks will be used as both a study resource and
to inspire school kids and Adults alike, on the south coast of England.

The collection totaled around 35 items, including a 2.2 kilo Campo
slice, a large Brahin Slice, and a large representative selection of
Chondrite and Achondrite slices.

Again thanks to those that donated material, much appreciated.

Best,
Mark Ford