[meteorite-list] cool micrographs

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 17:14:37 2004

Here are some cool micrographs I took last night. All images are true color,
brightfield, reflected light. horizontal scale is 3.3mm. I'm not the best
photomicroscopist around, so please forgive some slightly blurry images and
some obvious sloppy polishing marks :)

*warning* NOT dial up friendly - big pics - 1200x1600 - 250kb or so each!

First a new nwa LL3.7:
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/2221/chond1.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/5882/chond2.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/2372/chond3.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/9272/chond4.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/2065/chond5.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/874/chond6.jpg

A crystal filled vug inside a small slice of the ungrouped aconderite nwa
1839 I have for sale on ebay -an extraterrestrial geode! (I had soem depth
of focus problems with the pics, I will try to shoot them again with a LWD
objective and post more images):
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/5427/vug2.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/3957/vug3.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/8791/vug4.jpg

And some general shots of NWA 1839 - if I croped the pics so that they didnt
look like microscope shots you might confuse this stuff for a pallesite,
dont ya think?:
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/8832/achond1.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/2682/achond2.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/9482/achond4.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/8853/achond5.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/9118/achond6.jpg
http://img85.exs.cx/img85/6606/acond8.jpg

I have images of a few other interesting micrographs that I'll probably post
tomorrow or the next day..