[meteorite-list] Which one came closest and best fireball

From: Stephen McMann <stephen_mcmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 16 21:39:03 2004

Dear List,

For me, the closest is also Paragould. Even closer is a spectacular
meteorwrong that is on display in the center of the town square in
Pocahontas, Arkansas, accompanied by a plaque describing it as a meteorite.
It probably weighs about 1000 kilos, and my guess is that it is made out of
a reddish chert. The biggest fireball that I have ever seen was the July 07
monster that was seen by many people across several southern states. It's
too bad that nobody ever found pieces of that thing.

Sincerely,

Stephen McMann