[meteorite-list] Re: Which one came closest?

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 23:05:17 2004

The closest to me is the Guffey Ataxite which was found by two cowboys
near Guffey, CO, in 1907. This is about 35 miles from where I live. I
have a 56.5 g slice which I got from Al Lang in person and which I love
to show to kids at local star parties. Just finding a meteorite up here
in the Rocky Mountains is pretty amazing in itself!

Here is a link to info about this beautiful iron by my friend, Chris
Peterson who lives near Guffey.

http://www.cloudbait.com/science/guffeymet.html

Ginger
Divide, CO
=============================

Anne asked:

Hello everyone,

Since the List is very quiet tonight......................

I was chatting with an ex-List member earlier today about the newest
Colorado
meteorite, probably an eucrite. And I noticed that the meteorite that
fell
(was found) closest to where I am from is also an eucrite: Bouvante.

Do you know which meteorite came closest to your backyard?

Anne M. Black