[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 01:17:07 2004

<<Do you know which meteorite came closest to your backyard?>>

Probably "Allen, Texas" (H4) seeing that I live in the town right next to Allen. Another candidate could be "McKinney, Texas" (L4), which is about 10 miles away. I have specimens of each.

But because McKinney was found prior to my town actually being incorporated, and "The Book" states that it was found "eight miles west of McKinney", there's a slight possibility that it may have been found in what is now technically, Frisco, Texas.