[meteorite-list] Soledade etch, check this out!

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 10:17:03 2004

Dear Bernd, Martin, Mike, List,

Nice etched slices of Soledade were proposed for sale by Hans Koser, at the
last Ensisheim meeting.
Apparently Bernd missed them but it is understandable as they were almost
"hidden" in between other Hans' favorite irons, namemy numerous
individuals, slices and etched spheres of Campo del Cielo, that overflew
his table.

I had the opportunity to purchase from him a complete etched slice of
Soledade (about 75 grams) having a natural hole (about 2 cm in diameter) in
its center (probably due to a missing troilite).

After having read your recent posts about Soledade, I compared my slice to
my Odessa slices I have in collection and obviously they are different.
This is just a qualitative visual conclusion but I believe Bernd must be
perfectly right with his arguments as well (below). I (almost) can ensure
Matteo that my slice is definitely different from Odessa...

Anyway, Soledade is a very interesting, so far stable meteorite, and I
congratulate Mike for offering them at a very fair price that is perfectly
in the range of what Hans asked for in Ensisheim.
I do not wish to insist more for a purchase, just let me ensure you that I
continue to like that slice very much.

Incidently, a complete report on Ensisheim, mentioning Soledade, is to
appear in the next issue of "Meteorite".

Best wishes to all,

Zelimir

-------
A 20:25 11/10/04 +0000, vous avez ?crit :

Bernd wrote:

>Although I must admit that this was also my first thought when I saw
>the first pics on Mike's sales page, there are two arguments against
>such an assumption:
>
>1) Analysis data:
>
>Odessa: 7.25 % Ni, 7.24 % Ni, 8.73 %Ni, 7.2 % Ni
> 74.7 ppm. Ga, 285 ppm. Ge, 2.2 ppm. Ir
>
>Soledade: 6.7 % Ni, 98.5 ppm. Ga, 420 ppm. Ge, 3.90 ppm. Ir
>
>2) ZUCOLOTTO M.E. (1999) Brazilian Meteorites
> (Meteorite!, Aug 1999, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 9-10):
>
>"The inside color of Soledade was a little bit brighter than other siderites".
>

>Best regards,
>
>Bernd

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace