[meteorite-list] Lander is a no-lander....

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 9 20:06:42 2004

Dear List members;
Sorry for the delay in reporting in but I allowed a few days for my
field troopers in the Lander area to listen and observe. Verdict is
there was no sound around the town, nothing reported in the town paper
or on the radio according to my sources.
With 1/2 the area (west of town) being Bridger-Teton National Forest,
the north area is Shoshone-Arapahoe indian reservation, that leaves the
area a little more difficult to establish entry to if it were reported
meteorite-down. There are hundreds of miles in any direction that have
very sparse population so the odds of any easy location/finds is about a
zero on the Freeman-handyreconning scale. ...not to mention the
irrigated lands with tall grass and alfalfa stubble.
Better make the next one closer to the sand dunes.
Dave Freeman
IMCA #3864