[meteorite-list] Belated Happy Birthdays

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 6 15:32:18 2004

Frank wrote:

> With all the birthday greeting for Monze we seem to have forgotten
> to wish a "happy birthday" to our two Martian guests, Zagami and
> Chassigny, ...

Oops, sorry Zagami, I also apologize to Shergotty. Now, how can I
make good for my "faux pax" ...? Well, I'll tell my meteorite buddies
(and ladies) about my very first Martian meteorite. I hope my Zagami
slice accepts my apology :-)

I got my 0.5-gram, wafer-thin platelet of Zagami from Rolf B?hler
of the Swiss Meteorite Laboratory about 10 years ago when we were
still cooperating (we - that was Beat Booz, Rolf B?hler and myself)
and offering our WinMetCat database for sale. I had attended the
Z?rich Mineral and Meteorite Show where Rolf offered and sold all
kinds of meteorites in a hotel room. Having spent all my money on
some of his specimens, there was not one cent left to buy this little
Martian beauty. But I still got it - Rolf was then selling wrist watches
with a Gibeon dial plate and sorely needed both an English and a
French translation of his commercial ad. My chance: I offered to do
these translations and as a recompense I got my 1.0 x 1.0 x 0.1 cm
platelet of Zagami from him :-)

Best wishes,

Bernd