[meteorite-list] New meteorite book

From: Pierre-Marie PELE <pierre.pele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 6 05:31:36 2004

Hello to the List.

As some of you know, I'm writing a book about French Meteorites. The title should be "Les M?t?orites fran?aises - Guide pratique" (in english : French meteorites - Practical guide)

The good news is that it may be released before Christmas, making it a nice gift for any meteorite collector or scientist.

Also it's in French, it might be of interest for any meteorite collector, including english-speaking people. For example, I'm not a german-speaking man and like to get old german documents (like Chladni's articles) about meteorites.

What will be included in this 460 pages book ?
- beginner's guide (for anyone beginning in meteorites collecting and hunting)
- complete and detailed classification
- how to recognize a meteorite ?
- all french meteorites (finds or falls, including the latest, Plancy-l'Abbaye and Alby-sur-Cheran) with unique pictures never seen before, old documents, old and latest analysis, museum distribution, bibliography, some maps. Unique old documents which may lead to new meteorite finds in France !
- all french meteorwrongs
- most of the french observed meteors or observed falls never recovered (with hints to find them maybe !)
- french meteorite or pseudo-meteorite craters
- glossary
- useful websites
- complete Jean-Baptiste Biot text about the L'Aigle fall (1803)

I think this book will become a classic most of you will want to own in their library or meteorite collection !

Just write me at pierremariepele_at_yahoo.fr if you want to be contacted when the book is released (possibility to order it on the web). Price should be reasonable.

Regards,
Pierre-Marie PELE
www.meteor-center.com
IMCA 3360
Member of the Confraternity of the Guardians of the Ensisheim Meteorite