[meteorite-list] NPA 08-11-1933 Sioux County Meteorite - Nininger

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 4 17:03:03 2004

Paper: Helena Independent
City: Helena, Montana
Date: Friday, August 11, 1933
Page: 2

BELIEVED METEOR FELL NEAR TORRINGTON, WYO.

     Denver, Aug. 10. - (AP) - A meteor which flashed across the skies in
eastern Colorado and Nebraska early Tuesday probably fell near Torrington,
Wyo. Harvey A. Nininger of the Colorado museum of natural history said
tonight. Nininger interviewed persons who witnessed the flight of the
meteor. Residents within a radius of 50 miles of Torrington said they heard
a loud explosion and felt an earth tremor. A search party is looking for
the remnants of the meteor.

(end)

These papers were uncovered and transcribed by Simone, so I guess I should
give her credit. PDF copies are available upon request.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com