[meteorite-list] A Gleaming Rocket under the Moonlight

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 4 13:58:17 2004

>From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com
>To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
>Subject: [meteorite-list] A Gleaming Rocket under the Moonlight
>Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:49:20 -0400
>
>Hola List,
>
>I just read that the $10 million X-Prize, an hour ago, unofficially so far,
>has been won by SpaceShipOne.

I remember a decade ago when the Delta Clipper (the 'flying Styrofoam cup')
looked like a contender for the X-prize -- until it crashed. Getting a
rocket into space is tricky but doable for the average Joe with
determination, some money, and more brains. Payloads, human or otherwise,
and the safe deployment and/or retrieval thereof, have always been the
difficult part. Congratulations to the SpaceShipOne designers and crew!

Tracy Latimer