AW: [meteorite-list] General Meteorite InterestHasIncreased100%InLast Year

From: Bernhard Rems <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 1 12:23:36 2004

Mike Farmer, I believe, ships for $1 worldwide.
The Hupes ship for app. $5.

Registered mail, at least that's my experience, is more likely to NOT
arrive. I have received about 300 meteorites from the US so far, a
single unregistered mail has been lost, and two of app. 10 registered
ones haven't arrived. They seem to be more interesting for the folks on
the way :-).

About customs: mark your shipment as "mineral samples for studies" with
a value between $0 and $10 - and noone will have to pay customs.

See, due to the low dollar, the US market is pretty interesting for us
European customers. Tose who make it easy for us to buy will get our
money.

But of course, if you feel safer with registered mail, that's your right
to choose this option. But for us, registered means customs means
hassles means unattractive.

Bernhard

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----