[meteorite-list] 23dragons23...

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 22:30:50 2004

At 06:44 PM 11/30/2004, Meteoryt.net wrote:
> > > ... just bid 52 dollars on a 1.2g piece of NWA 001.
> > >
> > > Now someone tell me that meteorites are cheap *g*.
>

>Anyway its the most historic meteorite from Sahara :)))
>How should look our business tooday without NWA 001 ?
>Its too horrible to think about this :)))

Before all of the NWA meteorites started showing up on the market, there
were the Sahara meteorites. Several of them (e.g.98094, 99302)reside in my
collection including 85001 (found in 1985) which is now NWA1242.

How many of you can remember when these Sahara meteorites first
appeared? If my memory is correct, Rob Elliott was the first person to
sell them on Ebay and the going price for unclassified common chondrites
was well over $1.00/gr.

Best,

JKG