Re-2: [meteorite-list] classification in and outs?

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 15:02:53 2004

>I would prefer a less quick and less "dirty" solution. I would
>send both pieces to the lab and let the experts cut a thin
>slice from whichever part they consider relevant for their
>studies and the classification of the stone.

the only reason why i didnt suggest that myself is because of the stories
i've hurd of very long lead times for most classification, i didnt know if
the cutting of the stone would be handled any more promptly than the
classification - so the OP might be waiting months if not years to get the
material back.