[meteorite-list] RE: Nice Dronino?

From: Stephen McMann <stephen_mcmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 25 21:28:12 2004

Dear Pekka and List,

Has anyone ever tried some of the tried and true iron stabilization
techniques on Dronino, such as a long bath in an alcohol and NaOH rich
solution to remove chlorides? On a related subject, I guess that I may not
really understand the chemistry behind why some meteorites are stable, and
some are not. Perhaps I will naively ask, "Is it all about chlorides?"

Sincerely,

Stephen McMann