[meteorite-list] NWA904 Meteorite, Collection in a Slice, MAIN MASS 1, 968g

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 16:31:10 2004

>If you have something official please present it for consideration.

I dont need to wait till the reclassifcation is published to consider it.
NAU is now saying publically that nwa 3133 and 1389 are the same meteorite -
that is good enough for me. if you rather wait till after something is
published, thats your perogative.

>The
>official weight of NWA 1839 is 122 grams. Regardless of what a Moroccan
>may
>tell you about additional stones, something of this magnitude has to be
>tested.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE CHEAP SEATS. the material I am offering at 100$ a gram
was cut off of the aproximatly 122g main mass of nwa 1839 by the owner of
said stone. it IS nwa 1839. The additional stone i own is in my collection
and not a part of this discussion. The only reason why I had mentioend it is
because I belive it WILL be classified as the same stuff and I want to
provide any potential customers with as much good faith information about
TKW as i can. I'm sure no customer out there would comaplin that the TKW for
the material was estimated on the high side instead of low when all is said
and done.

> Do not forget that there are other
>laboratories working on this besides NAU that have not weighed in the issue
>yet.

thats fine, but NAU's deterimination is good enough for me.

>I have seen nothing official in regards to a NWA 1839/3133 pairing.

just because you ahvent seen something doesnt mean it exists (official or
otherwise). i have never seen the beetles play a live concert - does that
mean that 'yesterday' is a frabrication and not a real hit song?

>I have also never seen an updated classification submission. As a matter
>of
>fact, I have never seen a NWA 1839 specimen. With out the facts I make no
>assumptions regarding pairings. If in doubt, have it checked out.

adam, if you ahvent seen any of these things, i'd say that the ONLY thing
that means is that you are NOT qualified to make any statements about any
possible pairing between these two numbers. The fine people at NAU HAVE seen
the meteorites, I'll take their word for any possible pairing.