[meteorite-list] Caroline Smith and the secrets of meteorites

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 22 17:12:49 2004

Thank you, Peter,

It was quite interesting to listen to Caroline Smith's talk about our
sun, planets, star formation and the role that meteorites play in this
scenario although I must admit I had some problems understanding her
British English (my problem though :-)

Here are some references:

SMITH C.L. et al. (2001) Ureilite graphite:
Shocking implications (MAPS 36-9, 2001, A193).

SMITH C.L. et al. (2002) Tagounite 084: A new type 3
carbonaceous chondrite with affinities to both the CR
and CV groups (MAPS 37-7, 2002, A133).

SMITH C.L. et al. (2003) An investigation of carbon in
the DaG 319* polymict ureilite (MAPS 38-7, 2003, A117).

* Cheers from the happy owner
of a DaG 319 thin section ;-)

Bernd

P.S.: Maybe list member John Kashuba (see John's excellent details of Mike
Farmer's new ureilite on David Weir's webpage) from Ontario, California, is
willing to share with us some interesting things he observed in his DaG 319
thin section!

Off to bed now,

Bernd