[meteorite-list] NEW H7 For Sale

From: AstronomicalResearchNetwork <AstronomicalResearchNetwork_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 21 16:05:58 2004

At the request of some collectors and the sugestion of Ted Bunch
I am happy to say we have a NEW H7 from Morocco NWA 2353

For thoes who would like a slice of this new find the price is $200 per gram
and I will cut to your needs .

Anyone interested may contact me by email direct.
A picture of the specimen is on my web site.

http://www.arn-meteorites.com

  Northwest Africa
  Purchased 2004
  Primitive Achondrite (recrystalled H chondrite)

A single, poorly crusted stone of 580 g was purchased in Erfoud, Morocco.
Description and classification (T. Bunch and J. Wittke, NAU): completely
recrystallized and highly equilibrated H chondrite (H7), no relict
chondrules; grain size < 0.5 mm, mean = 0.2 mm; intensely fractured with
abundance of subparallel compression fractures. Olivine, Fa 17.9, FeO/MnO =
34; orthopyroxene, Fs15.6Wo3.1, FeO/MnO = 19; plagioclase, An13.1Or2.6;
chromite, cr# = 87; FeS, Ni = 1.65 wt %; metal (taenite only), Ni = 21.6 wt
%; trace of merrilite. Weathering grade, W3 and lightly shocked (S2).
Specimens: type specimen, 20.1 g, NAU; main mass, Regelman.

The above is a working classification and will be submitted shortly to the
Nom Com after receipt of oxygen isotope data.

T. E. Bunch
Professor of Geology
Northern Arizona University

Nov. 20, 2004