[meteorite-list] Bob Evans Still Committing Fraud

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 20 22:02:34 2004

Dear List,

This is a public warning to Bob Evans to stop using the NWA 1110 and NWA
1877 designations and meteoritelab descriptions. I filed a blanket
complaint claim with ebay and found out that it is considered fraudulent to
use lab numbers that do not apply to your samples. It is also against the
law to steal copyrighted descriptions. It took me weeks to explain to ebay
what is involved with getting numbers assigned to NWA meteorites. I will
start pulling the trigger soon on this kind of fraud starting with Bob
Evans. If ebay gets too many complaints the meteorite subsection might be
reconsidered (eliminated). That is why I am posting this message publicly
to avoid continued contact with ebay. Here are two of the many fraudulent
auctions Bob Evans is involved in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2287562058&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2287562068&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Consider this warning to edit your numbers and descriptions to reflect the
truth or I will report this fraud to ebay when I return tomorrow. My
attorney gave me the green light to start pursuing these cases and I will
exercise my options.

Wishing everybody else the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection