[meteorite-list] Shipping Costs from Finland

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 19 10:53:59 2004

Well, think these sellers are not finns...;-

You can see the letter taxes in EUR from;

http://www.posti.fi/english/tariffsandrates/tariffsandratesforconsumers/

1:st class letter up to 1000 grams to US 13.60 EUR = 17.75 USD for
example.

The price for parcels can be counted on (at the moment only in finnish);

http://suomenposti.palvelukeskus.net/data/versiomaat/dId4PZlNmzVW.html

just type the dimensions and the weight of the parcell, marke the method
of shipping (EMS, priority or economy < surface mail) and click
"laske" (count)

1000 grams as a priority-parcell (20 x 20 x 20 cm) makes 33.70 EUR,
so it?s usually much cheaper to send items up to 2000 grams as a letter,
the only
limitation is, the thickness of the letter can be maximum 30 mm.

500 grams as a priority-letter makes 7.60 EUR to US, as a parcell (5 x
10 x 20 cm)
the same costs 29.10 EUR...;-

best,

pekka s