[meteorite-list] nwa 791

From: DNAndrews <DNA1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 17 23:14:04 2004

Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! wrote:

>Hello list.I just received the most beautiful meteorite I have ever seen.I
>just got a 72 gram 100% fully fusion crusted individual I have ever
>seen.Thanks to greg hupe' for making this available when no one wanted
>it.And for $40, it was a steal.I know it is only an ordinary chondrite,
>but gorgeous.And it is orientated.Very smooth brownish-black all away
>around.Thanks again greg.Diffenetly, one of the best I have ever seen.

Steve,
I was lucky enough to scarf-up a 491g fully crusted individual of NWA
791 (L6) from the Hupes last year at the "Bloody" Tucson auction last
year. Packed with dark crust and thumbprints galore....a nice beauty
indeed. I feel I was quite fortunate to be the high bidder of this
stone at such a low price (which won't be disclosed). Thanks Greg and Adam.

Best to all,
Dave