[meteorite-list] mainmass

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 17 15:29:14 2004

Andreas, to me and everyone I know, main mass always signifies the largest
remaining piece of any meteorite.
Thus if a Dhofar is found in 3 individuals, the largest is the main mass,
but if that piece is cut up, and one of the smaller pieces is left, then I
think that should be called the main mass.
I know there are no official rules on that though.
Michael Farmer.