[meteorite-list] Another fake name, serious business

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 16 20:17:36 2004

I think Marcin deserves our support for the honorable way he has
responded to this problem.

Mike Fowler
Chicago

PS The chondrules in the "not-NWA 1906" are georgeous!!

------------------------------
  Marcin of Polandmet wrote:

At last:
Comparing now Your photos with all specimens of NWA1906 I saw on fairs
or
internet and with all my specimens I must say that THIS IS NOT THE SAME
MATERIAL. I make mistake. But I not do this with Bad intention. I not
named
my material as NWA1906 becouse this number was first I saw or becouse I
wanted make anything against You Mike. I can say only "Im sorry Mike".

I will right now stop selling this meteorite as NWA1906, and anyone who
buy
this meteorite from me and are unhappy, can return specimens with full
refund.

PS, Material that was sell by me as NWA1906 was also classified as
NWA2289
R3-6.
For compare NWA2289 R3-6 http://www.meteoriten.com/special.html
For me its the same meteorite and now this cant be another mistake, but
ofcourse I will not rename my rumuruti to another "good" number.