[meteorite-list] Another fake name, serious business

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 16 17:18:06 2004

Mike (Farmer) wrote:

> This has the potential to collapse the entire meteorite market. We
> are only as good as our name, and I have worked very hard to do
> things right. I would NEVER sell someone a meteorite that is not
> what it is claimed to be.

I would like to publicly thank Mike for presenting his, in all probability,
justified criticism and dislike of what is going on with *his* NWA numbers,
in a way that leaves no doubt about how angry he is about what is going on,
but, at the same time, also in a way that is without personal attacks and rude
words. I, for my part, very much appreciate this toned-down but very clear
and unambiguous criticism because it *does* show that it is possible to
utter one's dislike in a civil way, although the message is absolutely
clear and urges the person(s) he is addressing to justify their doings.
Kudos from Germany !!!

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: This mail does not automatically imply that I think the persons mentioned
in Mike's mail are "guilty" of what they are accused. This mail is only meant to
show that is should be possible to sort things out without jumping at each other's
throats ... so, let's hope for the best and let's hope the persons involved will clear
this up in a "cordial", in a "peaceful", in a "list family" way. Keeping my fingers
crossed !!!