AW: [meteorite-list] Most important meteorite?

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 16 10:41:22 2004

Hi Martin,

Yes. That is why I think ALH84001 is the most important meteorite to date.
Not because of the tangibles (the jury is still out) but because of the
intangibles. ALH84001 made us all (meteorite enthusiasts or not) think of
the origins of life and the definition of life, focused attention on rocks
from space, focused attention on the planet Mars (and the upcoming Mars
pathfinder mission) and heightened awareness of things outside this planet

-Walter