[meteorite-list] my day at jason's

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 13 17:20:35 2004

Hello and good afternoon all.It was a very nice day down at jasons.It was
a much easier time driving down than the first time.Jason has amassed
quite
a collection.He said he has over 1200 meteorites, from crumbs to kilo's of
everything.He aquired a few nice dispaly cases where he has put all of his
collection.It is so impressive, my mouth is drooling.I got there at 9 am.I
saw his new baby,and growing sam.I also found out he is going to be a
daddy again.MY OH MY!!Anyway we sat down and started talking and trading
meteorites.I showed him the remaining campos sales pieces that I have
forsale.He was like a kid in the candy store.He wishes he could have them
all.He liked what he saw in them and said, that he does not know why the
larger ones are not being scooped up.I aquired 5 new pieces for my
collection.I got a 2.4 gram endcut of MURCHISON,a 1.3 gram slice of
TALAMPAYA,a 1.5 gram fragment of NWA 1955,also a 26.6 gram part-slice of
NWA 1931,and finally a 12.7 gram slice of NWA 801 with a bunch of ARMORED
chondrules.I was happy with the trade.He has a piece of carver that I want
to pry from him.Oh well I stayed till 12:30 and headed home.Less than 3
hours down and up from his place.I really encourage everyone next time,
who lives in this area,or is in the area who really wants to see a real
WORLD CLASS collection,please come with me again to see this man's
collection.He only has 1000 more than me.And my god, his micro collection
is just to die for.And all the NWA 1929 PIECES HE HAS, SSSSSSSSOOOOO
big.And big pieces of NWA 1877.WWWWHH000AAAAAAAA!!!!I can only imagine
having a collection that big.Oh well maybe someday I'll sell or trade my
88.6 gram slice of HAH 237 to aquire some world class pieces.Well we both
had a nice time seeing each other, and good time it was.Thanks again to
you for your opening up home to me.

                                           steve arnold

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120