[meteorite-list] Nantan

From: Eddie <eddie55b_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 13 08:02:11 2004

Hi, Tett:
      Nice to know a guy who knows Taiwan! I will need to fly to Hong Kong
and Dounguan city for my company on November 22. My company produce magnet
for small motor and others. As you know South China has many tektites
available,but so many wrong Nantan iron meteorites there. I am confusing
with this. Here are China's Rock Research Center's link(China government) ,
but they only have Simple Chinese edition homepage could read(no English):
http://geodb.gig.ac.cn/old_www/aero/myright2.htm
The reader only need to type "Province" name or Meteorite name in Simple
Chinese. Then, computer will tell you its fell age, meteorite content and
location. It is nice to me, but it has never report in meteorite mailing
list when most of people don't understand Chinese or Most of Chinese don't
know meteorites at all! Although we know different types of iron meteorite
has different kinds widemanns pattern but we must be confusing with Nantan
when those sellers(China farmers) did not want to tell anybody truth about
their found out area in Business! Here, I translate it into English for
Chinese provincation:
 25 fell records in GuanXi Province(Nantan iron meteorite's Province)
totally

      ??Number
     ????Fell Time
     ?????Fell Location in ancient time
     ????? Old location in new place name now

      125
     1530
     ??? Shan-Shi-Chou
     ????? GuanXi Province Shan-Shi County

      135
     1542.5.1
     ?? Chuan-Chou
     ????? GuanXi Province Chuan-Chou County

      273
     1814
     ?? Ton Shian
     ???? GuanXi Province Ton County

      274
     1815.7.31
     ??? Guey-Ping Shian
     ????? GuanXi Province Guey-Ping County

      292
     1842
     ??? Gue-Shuen Chou
     ????? GuanXi Province Gin-Shi County

      315
     1861.10.18
     ??? Lin-Shan Shian
     ????? GuanXi Province Lin-Shan County

      317
     1851-1861
     ?? Ton Shian
     ???? GuanXi Province Ton County

      332
     1871.9.17
     ?? Guey Shian
     ???? GuanXi Province Guey County

      339
     1878.11.13
     ??? Wu-Uen Shian
     ????? GuanXi province Wu-Ming County

      I think that is why there are some different types oxidized iron
meteorites show in Intenet from China.
      Best Regards!!
      Eddie Lee