[meteorite-list] Ad - Air Abrasion Tool

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 7 01:32:09 2004

Dear List,

We are giving up a key piece of equipment below our costs. It is called an
air abrasion tool which can be used to prepare the most delicate of fossils
or clean meteorites. It has two grit tanks so two hardness' of grit can be
used on the fly. Used single grit units generally cost in the thousands
which anybody who has seen these offered at the Tucson show can tell you.
We decided we preferred to acquire fossils already prepared and never want
to be accused of freshening up meteorites with it. We prefer to sell
complete meteorites in lightly cleaned original condition.

For test purposes only, we tried it on a few meteorites with the most
stubborn calcite and the results were amazing, the crusts took on the
appearance of a fresh fall. If you use fine enough grit you can even remove
red clay stuck in the finest of contraction cracks and leave the harder
crust untouched. Why, you can even make the most weathered piece of Zag
look just like Amgala. A hint, there is only one unit like this in Eurfud
and it has been used a lot recently. To see this awesome machine click on
the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43570&item=4335288284&rd=1

You would be hard pressed to find a rebuilt unit anywhere near the wholesale
price of this one.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection