[meteorite-list] Franconia and HaH183

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 6 03:16:58 2004

-------------- Original Message ---------------

Date: 05 Nov 2004 18:37:02 UT
From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de
To: Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com

Subject: [meteorite-list] Franconia and HaH183

Buona sera Francesco,
Hello List,

++++++
Franconia is a bit more tricky. The piece I have is
supposedly an H5 - according to the seller (R. Garcia)

Best wishes
from Germany,

Bernd

-------------- End of Original Message -------------

Hello Bernd,

When you say "Franconia is a bit more tricky", I'm not
sure what you mean. Are you not sure that Franconia
is an H5? I would find this surprising, given all
that has been published in "Meteorite", not to mention
MB#88.

Or, are you not sure that your particular specimen is
a piece of the Franconia (H5) meteorite? If indeed,
you did obtain it from Ruben Garcia, then you can rest
assured, because all of Ruben's finds are being
examined by ASU. So, even if your particular specimen
wasn't classified, you have it from ASU via Ruben,
that at the least, your specimen is "most likely
paired to Franconia (H5)".

Should a new/different classification come out of the
Franconia locality, I'm sure we will hear about it
very soon afterwards.

Bob V.