[meteorite-list] ebay auction meteorites

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 07:51:08 2004

Hello Steve Arnold, Chicago and list,

Steve wrote, "I will say only one word,DHOFAR.On the main masses,you cannot
go
wrong.Nothing paired,no losses,only gain.You probably have some pairings
on some of the lunars and mars specimens.But with the main masses,you will
always win."

While that was a little more then one word, and not related to your subject
line, it seems you are confused on meteorite naming rules for meteorites in
high collection areas. I have seen you make this statement before on the
Dhofar "main masses". That none of them are paired. I do not think you
will get anyone else to agree with that statement. Pairing in quite obvious
in many cases.

However, Dhofar's do come with cordinates...and all but a few are
classified. Using the cordinates and classification you can purchase Dhofar
meteorites that are likely unpaired, with others in your collection.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com