[meteorite-list] RE: Ad ebay meteorites

From: Bernhard <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 06:53:16 2004

Yes, but what for?

Everyone can check prices for meteorites with little effort using google
- and having something like an "half-official" price list just opens the
doors for fights between dealers. Everybody will want his own meteorites
being priced higher and those of competitors lower.

And you simply can't compare the meteorite market to the stamps or coins
market. Totally different things.

What should such a price list be for? The meteorite market is volatile
(need I have to say "Amgala"?) and such a list will be obsolete for many
meteorites within months. What are you trying to achieve? Hold prices up
for moon and mars artificially? It just won't work.

The maker of such a list will run into disputes he hasn't even dreamed
of...

  _____

Best regards,
Bernhard ?Rendelius? Rems

CEO RPGDot Network

This outgoing mail has been virus-checked.